Sun, Mar 31|
Location provided upon RSVP
Sock-Out Homelessness! 10,000 SOCKS (Delivery #2)
Deliver donated socks to the homeless in Washington, DC!
Time & Location
Mar 31, 2019, 12:30 PM – 1:30 PM
Location provided upon RSVP
About The Event
Warm Feet, Warm Hearts, Give SOCKS! - Warming the hearts of the homeless 2 feet at a time!
Socks are the single most-needed article of clothing among the homeless community and remain the least-donated items! Especially during winter months, keeping your feet warm with a good pair of socks can go a long way in preventing hypothermia for those living on the streets.
According to the results of the annual Point-in-Time Count — a regional census of the homeless population conducted every year on a single night in January — there were 6,904 homeless people in D.C and 1,059 in Fairfax County. (A total of just under 8,000).
Let's do our part to ensure that ALL the homeless people in our community have a pair of good socks to wear!
Our goal is to raise a total of 10,000 pairs of socks for the homeless!
If you are reading this, chances are that you would like to deliver some of the 10,000 socks that we raised for the homeless. Well, you came to the right place! We can absolutely use your help!!
We will have all the socks in a central location (in Great Falls, VA) and you will drive to this location, pick up a car load of socks, and deliver them to a homeless shelter, and/or to people living on the streets of DC. After you RSVP, I will be in touch with you to lay out specifics (i.e. delivery locations, number of socks, etc.).
I am 100% confident that if we all individually do our part, we won't have any trouble meeting this goal. If you would like to assist in this effort beyond delivering socks, please feel free to take a look at different opportunities below. Registration for all of these events can be done via: www.barberafoundation.org/upcomingevents
- Fundraiser: Don't have used socks? Can't make it to an event? Still interested in helping out? Please make a financial donation and we will purchase and deliver socks to the homeless on your behalf!
- Donation Drive: Have some old, but good condition, socks laying around that you no longer wear? Don't throw them out! Donate them to us at the donation drive!
- Purchasing: We will be receiving financial donations to support this initiative. As a result, I will need help when I purchase the socks in large quantities at Wal-Mart and/or Costco. Want to lend a hand as we fill carts full of socks and get funny looks from fellow shoppers? (LOL)
- Event Promotion: Help to spread awareness of this event by passing out fliers with me and other volunteers at Tyson's Mall. Bubble tea is on me after we are done :)
- Social Media: Follow us on social media and like/share our posts to spread awareness of this and other events:
-E-mail Newsletter: http://eepurl.com/c-Q1jL
-Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Barberafoundation/?ref=bookmarks
-Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/BarberaFoundation/
NOTE: All ticket sales will go towards purchasing socks for the homeless in Washington, DC and Northern, VA. They will also help to support the Barbera Foundation's mission of promoting positive change in our community by helping those less fortunate. Please keep the receipt of your ticket purchase for your records, as this is a tax deductible donation. (EIN of Barbera Foundation: 82-3720526). No goods or services were received in exchange for this donation.
Thanks for your help and all that you do to make our community a better place to live.
Make an impact, and be a part of something bigger than yourself!
Sock Out Homelessness- Deliver
This donation will go towards purchasing socks for the homeless in Washington, DC and Northern, VA. It will also help to support the Barbera Foundation's mission of promoting positive change in our community by helping those less fortunate. Please keep the receipt of your ticket purchase for your records, as this is a tax deductible donation. (EIN of Barbera Foundation: 82-3720526). No goods or services were received in exchange for this donation. No refunds on ticket purchases! Thanks!