My Big Fat GREEK dinner
Time & Location
About The Event
"What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others."--Pericles
Help prepare and serve a Greek meal for low-income elderly in Reston, VA!
We have many mouths to feed (approximately 75-100), which equates to A LOT of Souvlaki and Baklava! As a result, we will need all of the volunteer support we can get! So please come out and support this effort and register you and your friends/family below!
- Who: The residents that we are serving are homeless people living in Reston, VA
- What: Please select a Greek dish from the list of dishes provided in the registration process. (Google the dishes for specific recipes). Please prepare this dish at home and bring to the event (like a pot luck)- Size of dish = crock pot size, aluminum foil catering tray. We will be able to re-heat/warm up dishes in ovens and serving stations as well.
- Where: The facility is located in Reston, VA. The specific address will be provided after registration in follow up e-mails.
- When: 4:30PM-6:30PM on 8/17/2019
- # of volunteers needed: 20 (please RSVP sooner rather than later, as slots for dinner service events fill up fast!)
- Ticket Sales: This event has a ticket price of $15. Please purchase a ticket for yourself and for all other people that you would like to bring to the event. Your donation will go towards supporting this event, the Lymphoma & Leukemia Society, and overhead expenses of the Barbera Foundation. Please keep the receipt of your ticket purchase for your records, as this is a tax deductible donation. (EIN of Barbera Foundation: 82-3720526)
- RESTRICTION: You must be 18+ to participate in this event due to liability concerns.
Thanks for your help! This event wouldn't be possible without your support!
CEO, Barbera Foundation
- Big Fat GREEK Dinner$15$150$0