Sat, Aug 17|
My Big Fat GREEK dinner
Prepare and serve a Greek dinner for 100 homeless people! Support Lymphoma & Leukemia Society
Time & Location
Aug 17, 2019, 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM
About The Event
"What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others."--Pericles
Help prepare and serve a Greek meal for low-income elderly in Reston, VA!
We have many mouths to feed (approximately 75-100), which equates to A LOT of Souvlaki and Baklava! As a result, we will need all of the volunteer support we can get! So please come out and support this effort and register you and your friends/family below!
- Who: The residents that we are serving are homeless people living in Reston, VA
- What: Please select a Greek dish from the list of dishes provided in the registration process. (Google the dishes for specific recipes). Please prepare this dish at home and bring to the event (like a pot luck)- Size of dish = crock pot size, aluminum foil catering tray. We will be able to re-heat/warm up dishes in ovens and serving stations as well.
- Where: The facility is located in Reston, VA. The specific address will be provided after registration in follow up e-mails.
- When: 4:30PM-6:30PM on 8/17/2019
- # of volunteers needed: 20 (please RSVP sooner rather than later, as slots for dinner service events fill up fast!)
- Ticket Sales: This event has a ticket price of $15. Please purchase a ticket for yourself and for all other people that you would like to bring to the event. Your donation will go towards supporting this event, the Lymphoma & Leukemia Society, and overhead expenses of the Barbera Foundation. Please keep the receipt of your ticket purchase for your records, as this is a tax deductible donation. (EIN of Barbera Foundation: 82-3720526)
- RESTRICTION: You must be 18+ to participate in this event due to liability concerns.
Thanks for your help! This event wouldn't be possible without your support!
CEO, Barbera Foundation
Big Fat GREEK Dinner
Your donation will go towards supporting this event, the Lymphoma & Leukemia Society, and overhead expenses of the Barbera Foundation. Please keep the receipt of your ticket purchase for your records, as this is a tax deductible donation. (EIN of Barbera Foundation: 82-3720526)