"Luck of the Irish" Dinner
Time & Location
About The Event
May your blessings outnumber
The shamrocks that grow,
And may trouble avoid you
Wherever you go.
Help prepare and serve an Irish/St. Patrick's Day meal for low-income elderly people living at a local shelter in Reston, VA!
We have many mouths to feed (approximately 200), which equates to A LOT of corned beef and cabbage! As a result, we will need all of the volunteer support we can get! So please come out and support this effort and register you and your friends/family below!
- Who: The residents that we are serving are low-income elderly people living in Reston, VA.
- What: Please select an Irish dish from the list of dishes provided in the registration process. Please prepare this dish at your home and bring to the event (like a pot luck). We will be able to re-heat/warm up dishes in ovens and serving stations as well.
- Where: The elderly home is located in Reston, VA. The specific address will be provided after registration in follow up e-mails.
- When: 3:30PM-6:30PM on 3/16/2019
- # of volunteers needed: 30 (please RSVP sooner rather than later, as slots for dinner service events fill up fast!)
- Ticket Sales: This event has a ticket price of $15. Please purchase a ticket for yourself and for all other people that you would like to bring to the event. Your donation will go towards supporting this event and the Barbera Foundation. Please keep the receipt of your ticket purchase for your records, as this is a tax deductible donation. (EIN of Barbera Foundation: 82-3720526)
- Volunteer Positions: There are three options - Plating (i.e. putting food on the plates), Kitchen Admin (trash, warming dishes, carving meats, etc.), and Serving (bringing dishes and drinks to the residents, and interacting with them). When you register, you will have the option of selecting which volunteer position you would like to help with. Note, you may or may not get your selected option.
- Wear GREEN: Please wear green, otherwise I'll have to pinch you!
- RESTRICTION: You must be 18+ to participate in this event due to liability concerns. If you would like to get your kids involved in this event, we will need help with table decorations and St. Patrick's cards. Please feel free to bring your cards and/or table decorations to the meal! (Unfortunately, kids will not be able to be in the kitchen)
Thanks for your help! This event wouldn't be possible without your support!
CEO, Barbera Foundation
- "Luck of the Irish" Dinner$15$150$0